Welcome to The Joint - Apple Valley! As your local chiropractor in Apple Valley, MN, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Apple Valley chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. Mitchell Maristuen, D.C.
Dr. Mitchell Maristuen discovered the wonderful benefits of chiropractic after sustaining a Low Back injury in his junior year of high school football. It was his maintenance/wellness care that allowed him to pursue and excel as a Division 3 St. Thomas Hockey player. Dr. Mitchell graduated from Northwestern Chiropractic College in 2003. Dr. Mitchell enjoys adjusting shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips knees and ankles because of the wonderful, full body benefits to his patients. He enjoys free time with his wife and 3 children playing sand volleyball and hockey in his back yard rink.
Dr. John McKeague, D.C.
Dr. John McKeague was born and raised in White Bear Lake. Through his early years he was actively involved in athletics, and helping out in the community. Following his graduation from High School he chose to attend Northwestern College in Roseville, MN and received a degree in Biology. While completing his undergraduate studies, Dr. John played football for the Eagles and was heavily involved in research as well as helping other students through tutoring programs. Once his undergraduate degree was finished Dr. John went to Northwestern Health Sciences University in Bloomington, MN to pursue his dream of being a chiropractor. While at Northwestern he was elected as the Vice President of the student senate and put in charge of acting as a liaison between the Chiropractic students and administration.
Dr. Kongcheng Lo
Education: Northwestern Health Sciences University ‘11
Years Practicing: 5
Dr. Kongcheng Lo was born and raised in St. Paul, MN. In his younger years, he played soccer, baseball and also enjoyed riding his bike around his neighborhood. Growing up he always wanted to become a doctor and that led him down the path to being a chiropractor. He attended school at Northwestern College and graduated in 2011 and has now been practicing for 5 years.
Dr. Lo still currently resides in St. Paul with his wife and three beautiful girls. Outside of work he enjoys going to their dance recitals, martial arts classes and participating in their Girl Scout troop as well as going on motorcycle rides when the weather is nice.
The best way to contact us is via phone, then email.
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Apple Valley chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- DominicThere are so many different aspects of our health and well-being. For the most part, we stick to the two main parts: Diet and exercise. While these are two excellent aspects to focus on, there is a lot more to health and wellness than these. Let’s think outside of the box for a moment. If you ...
- DominicI can’t even remember the first time I suffered through a headache. This is probably the case for most people. We begin to experience headaches as children, and even if you don’t get them every day for the rest of your life, you’re unlikely to escape them completely. Some types of headaches aren’t a big ...
- SandyFall is an intoxicating time. It’s usually still warm and often the leaves are glorious. We all want to be out there and that can lead to some unexpected injuries. The American Chiropractic Association cautions us to guard against upper or lower back strain, neck strain and shoulder pain. Gardening and fall lawn cleanups often lure us ...
- SandyHarvard Health Letter tells us walking may be nature’s answer to wonder drugs, as they produce study results that will probably motivate all of us to be out there walking on a regular basis. Check the Benefits The researchers tell us walking briskly for about an hour a day can cut the effect of obesity promoting genes in ...
- DominicProblems with painkiller addiction have become more and more visible in our society and many of us have seen some of the devastating effects in our schools and communities. As an individual, if you are fighting back pain or other chronic pain issues, getting the right answer is critical to your health and well-being. National Institutes of ...
- SandyChiropractic is widely recognized as one of the safest drug-free, non-invasive therapies available for the treatment of back pain, neck pain, joint pain of the arms or legs, headaches, and other neuromusculoskeletal complaints. According to the American Chiropractic Association, in addition to being a safe form of treatment, spinal manipulation is incredibly effective, getting patients back ...
- SandyIn a busy world, back pain can be a huge hang up. Suddenly life slows way down and pain shoots way up. Finding the best relief and fast, may be as near as your chiropractor’s office, according to American Chiropractic Association member, Dr. Jay Greenstein. Greenstein explains there is usually a mechanical reason behind the back ...
- SandyThe neck is an amazing part of the body, and life is often very hard on it. As we hurry along at work, cradling the phone between shoulder and ear, or bend our necks over screens for hours at a time, neck pain can sneak up on us and decide to stay. Arthritis, degenerative disc disease, ...
- SandyAs chiropractors show up in our world now they are often health coaches who really can help us prevent pain, if we get the message. Some of their big messages focus on the forward head posture that dominates our culture, and the exercises we should be doing to change things. Passive stretches and good postures, along ...